Are you dreaming of spending one of your high school years abroad? Then you've come to the right place! On this page you will find all the information you need about Sprachcaffe's high school study abroad programmes. Below you will find information about the application procedure, the requirements and the destinations available for selection.
A teenage year abroad is an adventure that strengthens your personality and is invaluable for the rest of your life. During your year at a high school abroad, you will not only be able to develop your language skills, but you will also be tested in your independence. In addition, a year abroad offers you the following opportunities:
- make new and international friends
- develop new hobbies and interests
- get to know the way of life of the locals by living with a host family
- get to know a different school system
You will also learn about new cultures and traditions of your host country and improve your personal, intercultural and social skills. So take the first step towards independence and spend a year at a high school abroad!
Opt for surprise: You simply choose the country, and we choose the school. Get to know a new village, city or community inside out and experience the lifestyle firsthand! By the way, it's also cheaper!
Choose the region of your choice! Ideal if you already have a clear idea of how and what you want to learn.
Pick a private or boarding school of your choice! Private and boarding schools are known for a very high academic level. Ideal if you already have a clear idea of how and what you want to learn.
Why only choose the location when you can choose the school you want to study at. Ideal if you already have a clear idea of how and what you want to learn.
Send us your registration form.
We'll set up an interview date to get to know you better.
We will send you your customized offer and application documents shortly afterwards.
As soon as we find the perfect host family for you we will send you their details so you can get to know them in advance.
We will then send you an invitation for a preparatory meeting (held on a weekend).
Last step! Pack your bags, board your flight, and meet your host family at your chosen destination's airport.
Organizational issues (such as: visas, transportation, insurance, payment & costs, withdrawal, liability, rights, travel conditions, contracts and pocket money) can be clarified by email, by phone or during the interview as well as during the preparation meeting.
Some requirements such as age are country-specific. However, the following criteria are the most common for high school study abroad programmes:
- You are between 13 and 18 years old
- You go to secondary school
- You have sufficient language skills
- You are open-minded and independent
- At your destination airport you will be welcomed by one of our representatives or your host family.
- In your host country, either one of our representatives or a contact from the school will always be there to support you.
- The schools often offer exciting trips and excursions to help you explore your host country.
After your experience abroad is over, you have the chance to become one of our High School Programme Ambassadors. Sprachcaffe Ambassadors are there to support other participants, visit trade fairs, and come along to preparation meetings to answer questions and report on your adventures and experiences.
Sprachcaffe is at your side from start to finish! We guarantee you and your parents:
- Many years of experience in the industry
- Friendly and competent advice
- Staff with experience abroad
- Recognized partners including ministries of education
- High-quality standards
Are you interested in going on a high school study abroad programme? Then apply as early as possible so that we can prepare you optimally for your stay abroad. Simply contact us by phone, email or contact form.
We are always ready to solve any doubts you might have!