Your high school experience starts now!
Dream of spending one of your high school years abroad? Then you've come to the right place! On this page you will find all the information about Sprachcaffe's high school study abroad experience. Below you will find information on the application process, the requirements, and the destinations to choose from.
Reasons to choose our high school study abroad programme:
Spending a year abroad during your teenage years is a character-building adventure and an invaluable asset to your life's journey. A year abroad gives you the opportunity to:
- make new and international friends
- develop new hobbies and interests
- get to know how the locals live by choosing to stay with a host family
- improve your personal, intercultural, and social skills
- improve your language skills
- gain life-experience abroad
- get to know a different school system
- embrace new cultures and traditions
Sprachcaffe's High School Programmes
Classic High School Programme
Opt for surprise: You simply choose the country, and we choose the school. Get to know a new village, city or community inside out and experience the lifestyle firsthand! By the way, it's also cheaper!
Select High School Programme
Choose the region of your choice! Ideal if you already have a clear idea of how and what you want to learn.
First High School Programme
Pick a private or boarding school of your choice! Private and boarding schools are known for a very high academic level. Ideal if you already have a clear idea of how and what you want to learn.
Select+ High School Programme
Why only choose the location when you can choose the school you want to study at. Ideal if you already have a clear idea of how and what you want to learn.
Application procedure for a high school stay
Sprachcaffe will be by your side, before, during and after your experience abroad!
Send us your registration form.
We'll set up an interview date to get to know you better.
We will send you your customized offer and application documents shortly afterwards.
As soon as we find the perfect host family for you we will send you their details so you can get to know them in advance.
We will then send you an invitation for a preparatory meeting (held on a weekend).
Last step! Pack your bags, board your flight, and meet your host family at your chosen destination's airport.
Organizational issues (such as: visas, transportation, insurance, payment & costs, withdrawal, liability, rights, travel conditions, contracts and pocket money) can be clarified by email, by phone or during the interview as well as during the preparation meeting.
Conditions for participation
Some requirements such as age are country-specific. However, the following criteria are the most common for high school study abroad programmes:
- You are between 13 and 18 years old
- You go to secondary school
- You have sufficient language skills
- You are open-minded and independent
High School Programme Destinations
More information about your time abroad
- At your destination airport you will be welcomed by one of our representatives or your host family.
- In your host country, either one of our representatives or a contact from the school will always be there to support you.
- The schools often offer exciting trips and excursions to help you explore your host country.
After your high school stay
After your experience abroad is over, you have the chance to become one of our High School Programme Ambassadors. Sprachcaffe Ambassadors are there to support other participants, visit trade fairs, and come along to preparation meetings to answer questions and report on your adventures and experiences.
Why should you choose Sprachcaffe for your high school adventure?
Sprachcaffe is there for you from beginning to end! We guarantee you and your parents:
- Many years of experience in the industry
- Friendly and competent advice
- Staff with experience abroad
- Recognized partners including ministries of education
- High-quality standards
Interested in going on a high school study abroad programme? Please apply as early as possible so that we can prepare you the best that we can ahead of time. Simply contact us via phone, email or contact form.
Do you have a question or need some advice?
We are always ready to solve any doubts you might have!