1. Enrollment: Fill in the application form, scan it and send it to info.uk, or alternatively use our online booking system. A deposit of 20% of the total amount is due at the time of registration. With your application you commit yourself to the services requested and booking conditions. After having received your application and deposit we will send the confirmation of enrollment and the invoice. The welcome pack with extra information and the address of your accommodation will be sent after you have settled the remaining balance. The invoice must be paid in full four weeks before arrival. @sprachcaffe .com
2. Change of booking: Any change (e.g. arrival date, accommodation, etc.) required up to 28 days before departure will incur a fee of €55 / £45 / $55 / 70CAD or equivalent (USA in accordance with ACCET and local state regulations). Afterwards we will do our utmost, but cannot guarantee the fulfilment of the request made since extra costs may be incurred. In that case, the rebooking charge may exceed €55 / £45 / $55 / 70CAD:
3. Rebooking and cancellation: If a booking is altered up to 28 days before departure we will be obliged to charge a fee of 50€ / £40 / $65. After this period we cannot guarantee the requested changes and the rebooking costs may exceed the above amounts. In the case of cancellation we will charge following fees:
|Up to 16 days prior||10%, max €250 / £200 / $300. Additional visa & courier fees if required||Non-refundable fees, max $160 - $310 depending on location. (registration, placement & courier fees)||10% max $350 CAD. Additional courier fees if required|
|3 - 15 days prior||50%, max €500 / £400 / $600. Additional visa & courier fees if required||Non-refundable fees, max $160 - $310 depending on location. (registration, placement & courier fees) + 1 week accommodation||30%, max $700 CAD. Additional courier fees if required.|
|2 days prior||90%, max €1000 / £800 / $1200. Additional visa & courier fees if required||Non-refundable fees, max $160 - $310 depending on location. (registration, placement & courier fees) + 2 weeks accommodation||30%, max $1000 CAD. Additional courier fees if required|
After course start: Worldwide - 100%, max €1200 / £1000 / $1300; USA & Canada - We follow the policies established by ACCET and the respective U.S. or Canadian state (+2 weeks accommodation).
Cancellation insurance is available at 2% of the total amount (minimum €55 / £45 / $55 / 70CAD). The insurance fee must be settled at the time of registration and will only apply if you cancel prior to departure due to health reasons (a written confirmation from the relevant doctor is required as proof ).
In the unlikely event the school is unable to create a group course due to an insufficient number of students of the same level, smaller classes for a reduced number of lessons will be provided instead (standard = 12 lessons / intensive = 18 lessons). Under the rare circumstances of our being forced to cancel, all fees paid for SCIH LIMITED, trading as Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS services, will be refunded. The minimum number of participants is 4.
Online language course cancellation: Appointments scheduled for online one-to-one classes must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
4. Visa: In order to provide the letter of acceptance required by the embassy for issuing a visa, 40% of the total amount should be paid together with an additional charge of non-refundable €50 / £65 / $50 / 65 CAD or equivalent (in USA and Canada this amount is included in the registration fee); non-refundable shipping fees may apply. In the case of visa refusal, a full refund minus the additional, non refundable fees can only be made if the student provides the letter of refusal issued by the embassy at least 15 days before departure (evidence of visa refusal is required). After this date we will consider the participation of the student as confirmed and normal cancellation/rebooking charges will apply. In case the visa has not yet been issued 16 days before departure, we strongly recommend postponing the course. In this case, the first rebooking fee will not be charged.
5. Acceptable forms of payment:
By bank transfer: The relevant account number will be on the invoice. Please send us a copy of the transfer order. All bank charges will be incurred by you.
By credit card: Upon your notification, the appropriate form will be sent. It will need to be completed with the name of the credit card issuer, card number, expiry date and signature. An additional 2% credit card fee might be charged.
6. Insurance: Neither agent, operator, nor the school will be held responsible in any way for any accident, illness, loss of personal effects or change in personal circumstances arising at any time prior to or during the course. We therefore strongly recommend our personal travel insurance (incl. Health, Accident, Liability, Deportation:
Basic protection from €1.30 / £1 / $1.30 / 1.70 CAD per person per day plus a service charge of €13 / £10 / $13 / 17 CAD).
7. Liability: Parents of minors agree that neither SCIH LIMITED, trading as Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS nor the homestay shall be liable for damage or problems caused either negligently or intentionally by their children while participating in trips. Parents and their children who are still minors recognise and accept the laws and the normal code of conduct of the country which they are visiting.
8. Rights to image and film material: By agreeing to our general terms and conditions you are accepting that SCIH LIMITED, trading as Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS has the right to use any photos, video and sound recordings which may be produced in the course of a language programme. These materials may be used by us for promotional purposes without cost implication or the need for a separate authorisation from you.
9. Disclaimer: While all information in this is accurate at the time of publication, the content may be subject to updates. We reserve the right to refuse admission or to dismiss any student from school/accommodation without any refund in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance. The school expects students to adhere to the rules set.
Errors and changes reserved.
Booking conditions updated November 2016 by SCIH LIMITED, 135 Kings Road, Bn1 2HX, Brighton, UK.
10. Rebooking and Cancellation for Groups (from 10 people)
up to 28 days prior
10%, max 250€ / £200 / $350
Registration fees, max $200
10% to max $350
15 - 27 days prior
25%, max 300€ / £250 / $500
Registration fees, max $200(+1 week accommodation)
20% to max $500
2 - 14 days prior
50%, max 600€ / £500 / $800
Registration fees, max $200(+2 weeks accommodation)
20% to max $800
1 day prior
90%, max 1000€ / £850 / $1250
Registration fees, max $200 (+2 weeks accommodation)
20% to max $1250
After course start:100%, max 1200€ / £1000 / $1500 We follow the policies established by ACCET and the respective U.S. or Canadian state. (+2 weeks accommodation)